What's new

JAZZ Megalovania HOmestuck undertale remix Competition

DILF

DILF | 19 | Expert Fisherman | Real Estate Agent
Manager - TTT
Donator
So Basically, it's jazz megalovania competition. You can make it. It's mostly intended for me, box, and lennie to be judged by gooooobreel, but anyone may submit. So @sotha.rodz will judge me @DILF , @Peridot , and @BoxOfRocks on our jazz megalovanias, and the winner wins. Good luck to all.

sotha.rodz

Goofy-Goober
Legendary
Donator
Well, the obvious winner is Dilf, while box's is good, I wish he could work on it more than just 30 minutes on it because it felt rushed.

Zaid_Zilla

Enforcing Equilibrium
Veteran
Goob's taking quantity over quality. DILF's is longer but Box's actually sounds like music.

BoxOfRocks

Is BoxOfRocks
Elite
Goob's taking quantity over quality. DILF's is longer but Box's actually sounds like music.
I get that, but i actually agree with Goob here. Mine wasnt even remotely close to jazz. Sure, mine probably has a bit more stability with beat, but dilfs is actually the closest to jazz, which is why he won.

Zaid_Zilla

Enforcing Equilibrium
Veteran
I get that, but i actually agree with Goob here. Mine wasnt even remotely close to jazz. Sure, mine probably has a bit more stability with beat, but dilfs is actually the closest to jazz, which is why he won.
Although DILF did a better job of expanding on the main melody and picked a pretty good jazzy instrument for it, they both sound just as jazzy. It shouldn't just be about whether or not how jazzy it was but also the quality and composition of the music. If that was the case I could just assemble a ton of brass instruments with a soothing pad in the background and nothing would be jazzier. No offense to DILF(<3) but his chords didn't fit in with the melody at all and sounded super weird and out of the mix while your(Box) chords fit in almost perfectly and had a great synergy with the melody. The drums were pretty alright on both but you clearly put in more effort into yours and it sounded great in the mix. I am gonna stop now considering this wasn't mine to judge but there's a pretty clear winner like proto said.

DILF

DILF | 19 | Expert Fisherman | Real Estate Agent
Manager - TTT
Donator
zaid i have to admit- i think we listened to different things based on how you describe how the chords fit with the melody. are you sure you're not flipped around?

sotha.rodz

Goofy-Goober
Legendary
Donator
Alright, I will right my real description as to why I chose dilf's, while it is true that dilf had a more near approach to jazz than box and box did have more quality over his version, there was a couple of times where I listened to box's version and kept hearing notes that sounded a bit off with the chords. However, I still do think box did a great job and so did Dilf. It was an interesting thing to do to be honest.

Zaid_Zilla

Enforcing Equilibrium
Veteran
zaid i have to admit- i think we listened to different things based on how you describe how the chords fit with the melody. are you sure you're not flipped around?
well then i guess both me and proto heard the wrong thing and yes i am always levitating inverted. thanks for the explanation goob