What's new

(SPOILERS) Infinity War Discussion (SPOILERS)

Karmic Justice

Eternal Judicator of BT
Scooper
Donator
Double spoiler tags cause this movie dun have me FUCKED UP YO.

I THINK Fiege is full of shit when he says "those who die in IW stay dead"

Because there's still going to be Black Panther 2, there is still gonna be GotG3, and a DS2. Clearly strange knew this was the only way to win.

Hingle The God

God of browntown
Overlord
It would be really cool if the people who disappeared into dust actually went into a different dimension. You know like different universes?

Clearly ms marvel will play a huge role it would be really cool if now that Disney acquired fox and has the rights to the xmen, fantastic four and such, that universe is where they get teleported to. It would be a unique way to include them in the universe without the plot hole of where were they during the first avengers films.

Clearly it won't happen like that but I like to theorize

Zaid_Zilla

Enforcing Equilibrium
Veteran
Pretty sure all the following movies are going to take place before Infinity War(until IW part 2).
Upcoming Spider Man is for sure taking place before IW and will have a female villain.
Ant Man and Wasp could be taking place either during or after since we didn't see them fade away.
Captain Marvel will take place during 90s so definitely before IW.

Putin

Legendary
Donator
People that died not due to the snap are probably not coming back (Loki, gamorah, vision,)
People that died during the snap have a chance to come back. (especially looking at black panther and Spiderman)
Black panther just made over a billion dollars at the box office. They're not letting him stay dead.

The theory that the upcoming movies of those that died in IW will take place before IW doesn't make sense to me. Knowing that the hero in the movie is actually dead would ruin it for a lot of audience members.

I like that they flipped what people expected. Most people were preparing for the original avengers (those present in the first avengers movie) to die, but in the end they are the only ones left alive save nebula and rocket.
It's gonna be a long year.

Karmic Justice

Eternal Judicator of BT
Scooper
Donator
I find it kinda hard for there to be a Guardians of the Galaxy 3 without Gahmora, tbf. Then again, I know jack shit about what the soul stone even does, and the writing did set it up to be a proper ending for her....so idk.

rkelly828

The people's choice
Legendary
The best way to watch this movie is to view it as a standalone movie. Of course everyone who died in the end is gonna come back, but for me if I will always remember that feeling I had at the end of Infinity War. No sequel will ruin that.

This was by far the best Marvel movie. The villain actually stands out, The hero’s are actually beaten, and it has the dark theme Marvel movies have been severely lacking.

The ending was the best. I remember thinking to myself oh of course they destroy the Mind Stone right before Thanos gets it. Typical Marvel movie.....and then he uses the Time stone to reverse it. That shit was fucked up (but awesome).

I believe Gamora’s soul is trapped in the soul stone and she will get out in some way or the other. I also think Tony Stark will make a grand sacrifice of sorts, because there had to be a reason Dr. Strange gave Thanos the Time Stone to save his life. He stated it was the only way and that means Stark has a huge role to play in beating Thanos. I still think the ending would’ve been perfect if they killed Stark, because that was the real gut punch for me. I understand why they did it that way, just think it could’ve been done differently. Only complaint there.

Just saw this movie for the second time today and honestly it was even better viewing the second time around. After 10 years of movies, they truly did a great job bringing it all together. What a movie.

Zaid_Zilla

Enforcing Equilibrium
Veteran
The best way to watch this movie is to view it as a standalone movie. Of course everyone who died in the end is gonna come back, but for me if I will always remember that feeling I had at the end of Infinity War. No sequel will ruin that.

This was by far the best Marvel movie. The villain actually stands out, The hero’s are actually beaten, and it has the dark theme Marvel movies have been severely lacking.

The ending was the best. I remember thinking to myself oh of course they destroy the Mind Stone right before Thanos gets it. Typical Marvel movie.....and then he uses the Time stone to reverse it. That shit was fucked up (but awesome).

I believe Gamora’s soul is trapped in the soul stone and she will get out in some way or the other. I also think Tony Stark will make a grand sacrifice of sorts, because there had to be a reason Dr. Strange gave Thanos the Time Stone to save his life. He stated it was the only way and that means Stark has a huge role to play in beating Thanos. I still think the ending would’ve been perfect if they killed Stark, because that was the real gut punch for me. I understand why they did it that way, just think it could’ve been done differently. Only complaint there.

Just saw this movie for the second time today and honestly it was even better viewing the second time around. After 10 years of movies, they truly did a great job bringing it all together. What a movie.
Totally Agree, it was kinda nice to see Thanos finally getting a movie for himself after several short cameos.

Alpha

Not Riot
-Spider man 2 and GOTG 3 are both after Avengers 4.
-I highly doubt Ant man and Captain Marvel are going to tie into Avengers 4 (maybe a post credits scene from Captain Marvel at most).
-Loki is dead, Gamora is probably trapped in the soul stone, Vision might be able come back since earlier Banner mentioned how Vision did not need the stone to be Vision so ill take that as foreshadowing.
-I think they might flip the script in Avengers 4 where the people killed by the snap come back while the people still alive will be killed off (most likely the ones that have finished their solo trilogy)
-Red skull was probably only brought back for fanservice to resemble Death

Honestly, this might have been the best movie ive ever watched and I can't wait to see how it concludes

Karmic Justice

Eternal Judicator of BT
Scooper
Donator
  • In the comics, only 3 beings wielded the full Infinity Gauntlet: Thanos, Mr. Fantastic (lul), and Tony Stark. Likely Tony is gonna snatch it, or at least use it to undo a lot of shit at the cost of his life (because pure humans can't withstand the force of the Power Stone, as proven in GotG 1 (although we find that Star Lord only survived cuz he's part Celestial)
  • Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s, so before the events of Iron Man. I assume that whatever beeper thing Fury activated before poofing is related to that movie.
  • Ant Man's sequel is likely before the events of Infinity war, or even during?
  • WHERE THE FUCK WAS THE VALKYRIE CHICK? Did she die offscreen before the movie? Totes not cool.
  • I find it oddly convenient that the OG Avengers didn't poof, but if Hawkeye isn't in part 2 Imma be mad af.
  • Peter Dinkelage has the tallest MCU character canonically, because fuck you
  • As much as I hate it, the writing all foreshadowed Gamora dying. Her literary ties to everyone wrapped up succinctly, so I'm anticipating she ain't coming back to life.
  • I really wish they got Hugo Weaving to return to Red Skull. would have allowed me to catch the cameo sooner.

Marlem

Bastard
Elite
I get the feeling the Ego Gem is going to come into play and Nemesis is gonna make an appearance.

Karmic Justice

Eternal Judicator of BT
Scooper
Donator
WHAT ABOUT THE BEST DAMN CHARACTER IN THE WHOLE MCU KORG?!

Yeah, like Every single new character added in Thor: Ragnarok; bam, dead. Not even creedence to Korg, or Valkyrie. Unless there is a reason those two weren't on the ship at the beginning of the movie, but I doubt it

monkeymacman

The First Monkey
Elite
Are people still talking about it? I just finally saw it yesterday.

That movie was amazing. But let's, be real, it's not so much of an ending as it is a break in the story, a cliffhanger. They wouldn't have put so much emphasis on Doctor Strange protecting the inifnity stone at all costs if he was gonna hand it over that easily for Tony. His line "it was the only way" clearly has some significance to the future of the franchise. Out of 14,000,000+ scenarios he saw and only one of which they win, it's reasonable to think he may have known more than he was letting off. If he wasn't talking about this, then what would it be "the only way" of? Also yeah supposedly it was said that the sequel to Spider-Man will start moments after infinity war (probably in a similar way as homecoming did with civil war, if I was to guess, also I didn't do much research on it but I saw it mentioned a couple of times I don't really keep up with the news on that stuff), Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is supposedly a thing and right now only rocket is alive meaning that couldn't really work, and so much more. They're definitely not staying dead. I am excited to see exactly *how* they come back, I though, but I suppose it probably has to do with someone else taking the guantlet and snapping them back, or snapping time back, or something, and Iron Man will definitely be a big part of it otherwise Doctorwouldnt have saved his life.

What I did find interesting was how little the two groups of heros really interacted after Thor's departure. I wonder how it would have gone if they were (though if Doctor Strange said that in only one possible future they win then maybe it wouldn't work, or maybe I guess it makes more sense if dlStrange meant he only looked at 14,000,000 futures out of an infinite number and in those 14,000,000 only one had them win but here could be a number more that he didn't see? IDK)